Last Chance to Design & Win!
- Tuesday, 30 September 2008
If you haven’t entered your unique design idea that you feel should be out on the market, you only have until October 17 to enter your invention in the seventh annual NASA Tech Briefs “Create the Future” Design Contest, presented by SolidWorks Corp. Visit www.createthefuture- contest.com for complete rules and to submit your idea.
The contest recognizes outstanding innovations and applications in the field of product design in these categories:
- Consumer Products: Products that increase quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
- Machinery, Equipment, and Component Technology: Products that speed and improve work, manufacturing, or scientific research processes.
- Medical Products: Products that improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare.
- Safety and Security: Products that enhance the security or safety of individuals, businesses, communities, or nations.
- Sustainable Technologies: Products that help reduce dependence on non-renewable energy resources, as well as products designed for other purposes using environmentally friendly materials or manufacturing processes.
- Transportation: Products that enable movement of people and goods from one place to another.
Engineering professionals, students, and the general public are invited to submit their original design ideas. The Create the Future design contest recognizes outstanding innovations in product design, awarding a Grand Prize of $20,000 and six First Prizes (one from each category) of Hewlett-Packard engineering workstations. All qualified entrants will receive a Create the Future Design Contest T-shirt.
The contest is co-sponsored by COMSOL Inc., Hewlett- Packard Co., and National Instruments. So, exercise your imagination and submit your innovative design ideas today. Remember, all entries must be received by October 17, 2008. For rules and official entry form, visit www.createthefuturecontest.com.