Funding for R&D to Support U.S. Manufacturing of SSL
- Created on Monday, 28 June 2010
Today, DOE announced the availability of up to $15 million in funding to advance research, development, and market adoption of solid-state lighting (SSL) technologies. The department will select two to eight projects that will help accelerate the adoption of LED and OLED products.
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is also intended to further develop U.S. technological innovations, expertise, and the manufacturing base necessary to lead in SSL deployment. The funding will expand DOE's existing research and development efforts to improve SSL manufacturing in the U.S., which will enhance the quality and reduce the cost of SSL products. This will be the second round of funding awarded since 2009.
The FOA is open to applications in the following program areas:
- LED Luminaire/Module Manufacturing
- LED Driver Manufacturing
- LED Test and Inspection Equipment
- Tools for Epitaxial Growth of LEDs
- LED Wafer Processing Equipment
- LED Packaging
- LED Phosphor Manufacturing and Application
- OLED Deposition and Patterning Equipment
- Integrated Manufacturing and Quality Control of OLEDs
- OLED Materials Manufacturing
- Back-End OLED Panel Fabrication
For more information on this FOA, click here.