Create the Future & Win
- Monday, 30 July 2007
The 2007 Create the Future Design Contest, presented by SolidWorks Corp. and NASA Tech Briefs, is now open. You’re invited to submit your innovative design ideas in the following categories:
- Machinery, Equipment, and Component Technology — Products that speed and improve work, manufacturing, or scientific research processes.
- Consumer Products — Products that increase quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
- Medical — Products that improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare.
- Safety and Security — Products that enhance the security or safety of individuals, businesses, communities, or nations.
- Transportation — Products that enable movement of people and goods from one place to another.
- Sustainable Technologies — Products that help reduce dependence on renewable energy resources, as well as products designed for other purposes using environmentally friendly materials or manufacturing processes.
The Create the Future contest recognizes outstanding innovations in product design, awarding a Grand Prize of $20,000, and six First Prizes (one from each category) of Hewlett- Packard engineering workstations. Entrants may elect to have their entry posted on the contest Web site, and the 10 most-visited entries will each be awarded $250. All qualified entrants will receive a Create the Future Design Contest t-shirt.
The contest is co-sponsored by Hewlett-Packard, COMSOL, Inc., and the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. So, exercise your imagination, demonstrate your design and engineering skills, and enter the contest today. All entries must be received by October 15, 2007.
For guidelines, tips on winning, and the official entry form, go to www.createthefuturecontest.com.