If you haven’t entered your unique design idea that you feel should be out on the market, you only have until October 15 to enter your invention in the sixth annual “Create the Future” Design Contest, presented by SolidWorks Corp. Visit here for complete rules and to submit your idea.
The contest recognizes outstanding innovations and applications in the field of product design in six categories:
- Consumer Products: Products that increase quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
- Machinery, Equipment, and Component Technology: Products that speed and improve work, manufacturing, or scientific research processes.
- Medical Products: Products that improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare.
- Safety and Security: Products that enhance the security or safety of individuals, businesses, communities, or nations.
- Sustainable Technologies: Products that help reduce dependence on non-renewable energy resources, as well as products designed for other purposes using environmentally friendly materials or manufacturing processes.
- Transportation: Products that enable movement of people and goods from one place to another.
The Create the Future Design Contest awards a Grand Prize of $20,000 and six First Prizes (one from each category) of Hewlett-Packard engineering workstations. Entrants may elect to have their entry posted on the contest Web site, and the 10 most-visited entries will each be awarded $250. All qualified entrants will receive a Create the Future Design Contest T-shirt.
The contest is co-sponsored by COMSOL Inc., Hewlett- Packard Co. and the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. So, exercise your imagination and submit your innovative design ideas TODAY. Remember, all entries must be received by October 15, 2007.