SpaceClaim: 3D for the Lazy Engineer
- Friday, 28 September 2012
For ages, engineers have been fending off accusations of laziness. Of course, the best engineers know that overdesign is wasteful, and the optimal result comes from designing to the right tolerance. What is often falsely perceived as laziness can actually be good engineering.
Not only is this “lazy” philosophy important with the products we make, it’s also important with our processes. One of the worst contributors of waste is overdesigning the CAD models and remodeling data that already exists. The promise of “data reuse” sounds great, but never seems to work out in the end. The heavy-duty history-based CAD systems are notorious for requiring massive amounts of rework.
SpaceClaim lets you be a smart engineer by being a lazy engineer. It works with all sorts of 2D and 3D data to create new geometry without the waste. In this webinar, we’ll show you how to:
- Reuse data from any 2D or 3D content website, including TraceParts, TurboSquid, GrabCAD, McMaster Carr, the SketchUp 3D Warehouse, and SolidWorks 3D Content Central
- Clean up dirty geometry
- Convert STL to solids and surfaces
- Add custom driving parameters to imported data
- Create beautiful drawings and proposals
SpaceClaim users report:
- At least 50% time savings reusing data
- 3-5x improvement in time to get to the right engineering answers
Senior Application Engineer