How Leading Aerospace Enterprises Use and Manage Materials Data
- Created on Wednesday, 07 May 2014
Join speakers from Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, and NASA as they share how they have implemented effective workflows for the management and use of critical data on composites, alloys, and other materials. They will discuss the impact on materials engineering, design, simulation, and on making better materials decisions. Combining the right materials data with the right tools, such enterprises can reduce cost and turnaround time in solving materials-related problems.
- Learn how leading aerospace enterprises are making traceable materials information accessible directly within CAD, CAE, and PLM software.
- Understand how engineering enterprises are managing and integrating data from experiment and simulation, and applying it in materials engineering.
- Hear how engineers are making better materials decisions, faster, overcoming challenges such as the need for substitution and material obsolescence.
- Discover how your company can benefit from technology to manage the complete materials data lifecycle, developed with a leading industry collaborative project, the Material Data Management Consortium (MDMC).
Principal Materials Engineer
Dr. Steve Arnold
Chief of Mechanics and Life Prediction Branch
NASA Glenn Research Center
Dr. Will Marsden
Director Industry Relations
Granta Design, Ltd.