Solving Common Mathematical Problems
- Thursday, 07 December 2006
Mathematical Solutions Toolset is a collection of five software programs that rapidly solve some common mathematical problems.
The programs consist of a set of Microsoft Excel worksheets. The programs provide for entry of input data and display of output data in a user-friendly, menu-driven format, and for automatic execution once the input data has been entered. The programs perform the following calculations:
- “Definite Integral Evaluator 1.0” calculates the definite integral of a user specified function y = f (x) between user-specified limits for the lower and upper bands. The program will also plot the function.
- Solve for X in the matrix equation AX = B, where A is a 2 × 2, 3 × 3, or 6 × 6 matrix of constant coefficients, X is the matrix of unknown independent values, and B is the matrix of dependant values.
- “Cubic Equation Solver” calculates the real and imaginary roots, x, of the cubic equation x3 + ax2 + bx + c = 0.
- Given a pair of vectors specified in terms of their Cartesian components, the Vector Calculator program calculates their scalar product, their vector product, the unit vectors, and the angle between the vectors.
- “Unit Conversions” will convert between the English and metric values of the most commonly used units for length, volume, velocity, mass, density, force, pressure, energy, power, temperature, and thermal energy.