Tools for Basic Statistical Analysis
- Created: Saturday, 01 January 2005
Statistical Analysis Toolset is a collection of eight Microsoft Excel spreadsheet programs, each of which performs calculations pertaining to an aspect of statistical analysis.
These programs present input and output data in user friendly, menu-driven formats, with automatic execution. The following types of calculations are performed:
- Descriptive statistics are computed for a set of data x(i) (i = 1, 2, 3 . . . ) entered by the user.
- “Normal Distribution Estimates” will calculate the statistical value that corresponds to cumulative probability values, given a sample mean and standard deviation of the normal distribution.
- “Normal Distribution from two Data Points” will extend and generate a cumulative normal distribution for the user, given two data points and their associated probability values.
- Two programs perform two-way analysis of variance (ANOVA) with no replication or generalized ANOVA for two factors with four levels and three repetitions.
- “Linear Regression-ANOVA” will curve fit data to the linear equation y = f(x) and will do an ANOVA to check its significance.
- Two multiple regression programs will do statistical analysis on test data that includes more than one predictor and will perform curve-fitting of the data to either the equation y = f(x1, x2) or y = f(x1, x2, x3, x4).