Program for Weibull Analysis of Fatigue Data
- Created on Thursday, 01 September 2005
- Maximum-likelihood estimates of the Weibull distribution;
- Data for contour plots of relative likelihood for two parameters;
- Data for contour plots of joint confidence regions;
- Data for the profile likelihood of the Weibull-distribution parameters;
- Data for the profile likelihood of any percentile of the distribution; and
- Likelihood-based confidence intervals for parameters and/or percentiles of the distribution.
The program can account for tests that are suspended without failure (the statistical term for such suspension of tests is “censoring”). The analytical approach followed in this program for the software is valid for type-I censoring, which is the removal of unfailed units at pre-specified times. Confidence regions and intervals are calculated by use of the likelihood ratio method.
This program was written by Timothy L. Krantz of the Vehicle Technology Center of the U.S. Army Research Laboratory for Glenn Research Center. For further information, access the Technical Support Package (TSP) free on-line at www.techbriefs.com/tsp under the Software category. Inquiries concerning rights for the commercial use of this invention should be addressed to NASA Glenn Research Center, Commercial Technology Office, Attn: Steve Fedor, Mail Stop 4–8, 21000 Brookpark Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44135. Refer to LEW-17401-1.
This Brief includes a Technical Support Package (TSP).
Program for Weibull Analysis of Fatigue Data (reference LEW-17401-1) is currently available for download from the TSP library.
Please Login at the top of the page to download.