Home

PCI Isolated Digital I/O Cards (ACCESS I/O Products)

ACCES I/O Products Inc. (San Diego, CA) released a line of low-cost PCI isolated digital I/O cards offering a range of 16, 32, or 48 individually optically isolated inputs or outputs (channel to chan- nel, channel to ground). Individual channel-to-channel isolation allows for every channel to be physically and electrically separated from the others. The opto-isolated outputs use solid-state, P-Channel FET switches, providing fast turn-on and turn-off time.

Posted in: Products, Products

Read More >>

MPEG Decoder (STMicroelectronics)

STMicroelectronics, Inc. (Lexington, MA) has released the STi5107, a new MPEG decoder for standard definition TV. It is designed to address the require- ments of the mainstream STB market, where it provides a unified, single-device platform for set-top boxes ranging from basic low-cost products up to MHP (Multimedia Home Platform) applications, for satellite, cable, and terrestrial servic- es and plug-in TV modules.

Read More >>

Graphical Dataflow Environment for RTOS (National Instruments)

National Instruments (Austin, TX) and QNX Software Systems (Ontario, Canada) have collaborated to extend the LabVIEW graphical dataflow environment to the QNX®Neutrino® real-time operating system (RTOS). Engineers now can use the NI LabVIEW Embedded Development Module with the QNX Neutrino RTOS to add comprehensive support for multicore processors and target any supported hardware platform for QNX Neutrino.

Read More >>

Transceivers for Multi-Gigabyte Systems (Altera)

Altera Corp. (San Jose, CA) offers the high- density Stratix II GX family designed to provide up to 20 low-power transceivers operating between 600 Mbps and 6.375 Gbps with 127 Gbps of aggregate serial-link connectivity. The Stratix II GX FPGAs can be used to design and manufacture multi-gigabit interconnected sys- tems. Additionally, with the release of the EP2SGX30 and EP2SGX60 devices, Altera has completed the rollout of all Stratix II GX family members.

Read More >>

Integration and Communication Software (Mentor Graphics)

The Nucleus®I2C software from Mentor Graphics Corp. (Wilsonville, OR) is now available for developing appli cations needing access to on-board peripherals connect ed via the I2C bus. Demand is increasing for using the low-cost I2C bus to connect peripherals, such as liquid crystal displays (LCDs), light emitting diodes (LEDs), and non-volatile ran dom access memory (NVRAM), with the central processing unit (CPU). The software, when used in conjunction with products from the Nucleus RTOS portfolio, provides a solu tion for device integration and communication for a wide range of applications, such as consumer electronics, medical devices, industrial control, automotive infotainment, and mobile platforms.

Read More >>

Power-Saving Embedded Board (VersaLogic)

VersaLogic Corp. (Eugene, OR) and General Software, Inc. introduced a power- saving feature on VersaLogic’s PC/104-Plus platform, the Puma. The Suspend- to-RAM function (ACPI S3) of General Software’s Embedded BIOS®2000 allows the system to wake up and resume processing in seconds. The board consumes less than 1 W of power in Suspend-to-RAM mode.

Read More >>

Graphics Display Processor (GE Fanuc Embedded Systems)

GE Fanuc Embedded Systems (Albuquerque, NM) offers the 3U VPX MAGIC1 Rugged Display Processor, an integrated sub- system consisting of the 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo processor-based SBC340 sin- gle board computer and GRA110 graphics processor. The MAGIC1 rugged subsystem lets system designers develop and deploy more sophisticat- ed display applications than has previ- ously been possible. The graphics dis- play processor supports VAPS, GL Studio, and iData display software, and targets embedded training, digital mapping, and vehicle display applications. The MAGIC1 is the first of several planned system-level 3U VPX platforms from the company, each designed to serve specific functional needs.

Read More >>