5 High-Tech Materials That Sense and Detect
Electronics and sensors are being integrated into today’s materials to spot a variety of parameters: from damage to a product design to stress on your heart.
Super-thin, superstrong materials like graphene are supporting wearables that detect COVID-19, Parkinson’s disease, and other health conditions. Even artificial intelligence is being used to spot material weaknesses early on in the prototyping process.
Watch this video to see five breakthrough materials that offer next-level sensing and detection capabilities.
Tech Briefs highlighted in this video:
- Tool Calculates Materials’ Stress and Strain Based on Photos
- Material Detects COVID-19 Quickly and Accurately
- Wearable Gas Sensor for Health and Environmental Monitoring
- Ultra-Sensitive, Resilient Sensor for Smart Textiles
- Sensors Integrated in Clothing Monitor Heart Rate