Although the battery has remained more or less the same since Ben Franklin coined the term around the mid-1700s, its technology, materials, and applications all have seen advances in the past nearly 275 years. Whether in automobiles, consumer electronics, medical devices, or myriad other everyday accessories, batteries clearly do more than simply power our machines.
The Battery Show North America — being held September 13-15, 2022, in Novi, MI — is a forum for advanced battery technology for electric and hybrid vehicles, utility and renewable energy support, portable electronics, medical technology, military, and telecommunications. It will feature more than 10,000 attendees, 750 suppliers, 150 speakers, and 72 hours of education.
The largest battery and electric vehicle technologies trade show in North America, the Battery Show brings together engineers, business leaders, and innovative thinkers to discover ground-breaking products and create powerful solutions for the future.
From raw materials to components, find what you need to power your next project. Suppliers will be showcasing the latest solutions across the transportation, stationary, portable, and industrial sectors. In addition, they’ll also be offering live product demonstrations and showing off their latest technology.
Attendees will have the opportunity to access four tracks of technical education and view on-demand conference content (post-event); get an under-the-hood look at new technologies from more than 25 exhibiting companies; access industry-leading educational sessions provided by suppliers such as ATS Automation Tooling Systems, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Tekscan, and more; take part in formal and informal networking events across the expo floor; and view 15-minute live demonstrations of new and improved solutions hosted by each exhibitor.
The conference will feature:
- Keynotes and Leaders’ Roundtables: Each conference day kicks off with a notable keynote address followed by a roundtable panel of top industry leaders discussing the most important market disruptors of the last year and what they expect to see in the years to come.
- Workshops: Held one day before the expo, four three-hour workshops explore topics in great depth and breadth, offering a detailed and interactive learning experience on core subject matters in battery and electric vehicle (EV) tech.
- Technical Sessions and Panels: Explore more than 30 sessions of technical content and analysis given by one presenter, co-presenters, or panels of industry experts exploring an array of topics from R&D to the latest industry trends and developments.
- Lightning Talks: Select from more than 30 15-minute rapid-fire presentations grouped together by a specific business, innovation, finding, or manufacturing topic. Followed by 15 minutes of Q&A with the audience.
The expertly curated four-track conference features immersive tracks spanning new methods of advanced battery design and the latest technologies, battery manufacturing development, and newly added forecasts of the market supply chain and regulatory outlook.
The three-day educational event brings together battery and EV/HEV manufacturers, industry experts, thought leaders, and academics to discuss and help solve your manufacturing, supply chain, and production challenges.
Each session will be organized into one of the following tracks:
Track A: Battery Industry Developments
- Battery Markets and Supply Chain
- Advanced Battery Technologies and Evolution
- Battery Sustainability and Recycling
Track B: Battery Systems in Use
- Battery Design and Manufacturing
- Battery Applications
- Stationary Power Advancements
Track C: EV Industry Developments
- EV Industry Development and Forecasts
- Policy + Mobility
- Transportation Electrification and Emerging Applications
Track D: EVs in Use
- EV and Hybrid Design Advancements
- Fast Charging and Infrastructure Developments
- Tim Grewe, General Director of Electrification Strategy and Cell Engineering, General Motors
- Charles Poon, Global Director of Electrified Systems Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- Peter Faguy, Technology Manager, Vehicle Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy
- Shailesh Upreti, Founder, iM3NY
From raw materials to components, attendees will discover and demo the latest products, technology, and solutions from more than 750 suppliers showcasing the latest solutions across the transportation, stationary, portable, and industrial sectors.
Activities on the expo floor will include an Open Tech Forum, including panel discussions, live demos, thought leadership presentations, and more; a New Product Showcase featuring an under-the-hood look at new technologies from more than 25 exhibiting companies; Battery Tech Theater, industry-leading educational sessions provided by suppliers such as ATS Automation Tooling Systems, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Tekscan, and more; and Networking Events.
The Battery Show is where the battery and EV technology community come to connect. Join advanced battery and electric hybrid and vehicle technology engineers, directors, and executives from thousands of companies walking the show floor, attending the conference, and looking for inspiration.
For more information, visit here .