Automotive lighting engineers and designers face increasing challenges as electronics and lighting converge with electric, autonomous, and styling trends. Solutions are needed that meet these challenges without detriment to the traditional metrics of cost, weight, volume, safety, and sustainability. Strategies that couple advanced materials with innovative design and manufacturing techniques can create these needed solutions.
This 30-minute Webinar discusses how part and process consolidation with new materials creates a sustainable solution for emerging headlamp lighting and autonomous vehicle trends. It also examines a functional headlamp concept that reduces system cost and weight while improving performance and streamlining manufacturing.
- An innovative mono-material strategy that consolidates parts and processes to save cost and weight while enhancing sustainability
- Newly developed polycarbonate materials that address the heat management, dimensional stability, sensor transparency, and light diffusion requisites of new headlamp trends
- Insert-molded electronics of LED modules
- Multi-shot molding (2K, 3K)
- Metal replacement and hybrid material solutions
An audience Q&A follows the technical presentation.