Electrification and ADAS are accelerating product complexity to unmanageable levels. The nexus of this complexity is where software and electrical engineering converge. The problem with current processes and tools is they’re disconnected and discontinuous, creating challenges in single engineering domains and across domains.
This 60-minute Webinar examines how to enable a transformation of automotive engineering through an integrated multi-domain tool chain that supports industry imperatives and offers increased efficiency, automation, and traceability. It discusses the partnership of Siemens Digital Industry Software and IBM Engineering – specifically, how Siemens and IBM have worked together to connect cross-domain processes, information, and tools, especially between systems, electrical, and software engineering. The speakers review the work they have done together and present a joint demonstration.
- How to simplify wiring, reduce ECUs, and increase functionality and flexibility
- How to optimize vehicle cost and weight
- How to improve quality while reducing warranty costs driven by software and electrical engineering incompatibilities
- How to establish traceability to drive a design path for safety-critical functions
- How to enable a shared and common set of requirements
- How to leverage and extend existing investments efficiently
An audience Q&A follows the technical presentation.