White Paper: Robotics, Automation & Control
Mobile Robot Colleagues on Wheels Increase Productivity And Worker Safety at Scott Fetzer Electrical Group
High-mix/low-volume manufacturing offers an automation challenge. But at electronics manufacturer Scott Fetzer Electrical Group (SFEG) in Tennessee, a fleet of Universal Robots on wheels receives daily work orders to solve ever-changing tasks—and has optimized productivity by 20%.
These lightweight, collaborative robots (“cobots”) are easy to move, set up, and program for new tasks. And the built-in safety system automatically stops the robot arm’s operation if it encounters objects or people in its route.
Download the whitepaper and find out how the Universal Robots handle tasks throughout the sheet metal department, fill epoxy into circuit boards, pick and place on conveyor lines, cut wires and perform life cycle testing:
Universal Robots Gives SFEG these Advantages:
- Increased productivity by 20%
- Improved manufacturing consistency
- Increased global competitiveness with faster time to production
- Fast implementation with user-friendly programming and set-up
- Improved worker safety - “Let the robot get carpal tunnel”
- Payback period between 12 and 14 months
Don't have an account? Sign up here.