White Paper: Design
Designing with Fastening in Mind
Problems derived by non-optimized assembly methods can jeopardize what would otherwise be a successful new product development. Collaboration with a fastener company can be valuable at any stage in the manufacturing cycle. However, consultation with the right fastener specialist early in the design cycle provides the best opportunity to optimize the assembly process.
There are several benefits to involving fastener companies early in the design cycle:
- Increases available options
- Raises the chances of finding a standard solution
- Allows for concurrent validation processes
- Optimizes the assembly method/process
- Proactive thinking with regard to design solutions can protect a company’s speed to market, boost efficiencies, reduce costs and establish best practices for the design and manufacturing processes. It can also lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) for customers, and provide manufacturers with a solid edge over their competition.
Don't have an account? Sign up here.