Application Briefs : Medical
Creating an Impedance Matching Method for Wireless Battery Charging
Keysight Technologies
Santa Rosa, CA
www.keysight.com

Implantable medical biosensors are commonly used to treat health problems via the unobtrusive...

Application Briefs : Electronics & Computers
Simulation Helps Samsung Deliver Safer, More Efficient Lithium-Ion Battery Packs
Siemens PLM Software
Plano, TX
www.plm.automation.siemens.com

The use of lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries has made the electric vehicle (EV) a...

ATX Motherboard

ADLINK Technology, Inc. (San Jose, CA) released its latest industrial ATX motherboard, the IMB-M43, powered by 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processors and providing up to five PCIe slots. The PCIe slots can be assigned to four PCIe 3.0 x4 lanes plus one PCIe 3.0 x8 lane, two PCIe 3.0 x4 lanes plus two PCIe 3.0 x8...

Application Briefs : Automotive
3D Volumetric Display Technology

The United States government spends a lot of money on its defense programs, investing in the training and technology necessary to arm and prepare the most advanced fighting force on the planet. The price tag...

Power Management System Keeps SpaceCube Flying
UltraCMOS®-based power management card
Peregrine Semiconductor Corp.
San Diego, CA
858-731-9400
www.psemi.com

Selected for NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s SpaceCube 2.0 Hybrid Science Data Processor, Peregrine’s UltraCMOS®-based power...

NASA Launch Pads Protected Against Lightning-Induced Power Surges
Circuit protection components
Littelfuse
Chicago, IL
773-628-1000
www.littelfuse.com

Circuit protection is an essential part of any electrical or electronic product or system design. As the complexity of the product or system grows, circuit...

ASICs Support Orion’s Onboard Data Network
TTEthernet switch
TTTech North America
Andover, MA
978-933-7979
www.tttech.com

Radiation-tolerant Ethernet backbone ASICs, developed by Honeywell Aerospace and based on TTTech’s TTEthernet switch and end system chip IP cores, are ready for the first NASA Orion...

Video Routing System Upgrades Mission Control Center

PESA has announced the completion of a video routing system upgrade to NASA’s Mission Control Center (MCC) at the agency’s Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston. Lockheed Martin, a prime contractor for NASA, commissioned PESA to provide hardware and system training for its Cheetah Video...

VoIP Technology Enables Flight Center Upgrade

Quintron Systems will upgrade NASA Dryden Flight Research Center (DFRC) technology as it expands to IPbased mission command voice. To prevent expensive and difficult reconfiguration of the mission control room consoles, a new user station design allows direct-fit replacement of the existing, older...

Battery Pack Powers NASA Rocket Launch

Quallion, a developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion storage systems, assisted in the launch of Orbital Sciences Corporation’s Pegasus® rocket, which carried NASA’s Nuclear Spectroscopic Array Telescope (NuSTAR) satellite.

Radioisotope System Keeps Mars Rover Moving

The instruments aboard NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory “Curiosity” rover receive their power from a radioisotope system assembled and tested at Idaho National Laboratory. The Multi- Mission...

Flight Hardware Delivered for Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission

Lockheed Martin Space Systems Advanced Technology Center (ATC) has completed delivery of hardware subsystems for NASA’s Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS) Mission. The delivery comprised four flight subsystems and one flight spare unit. The prime contractor, Southwest Research...

Network Connectivity Enables Climate Research
Summit® X650 40-GbEswitch
Extreme Networks
Santa Clara, CA
408-579-2800
extremenetworks.com

Some of the largest data sets in existence are related to weather research, and that data is used throughout the world. The ability to rapidly share data across faster networks...

Vision System Finds and Aligns Electronic Components

Nordson Asymtek, headquartered in Carlsbad, CA, provides automated fluid dispensing systems, which are used in the assembly and packaging of semiconductors, printed circuit boards, flat panel displays, electronic components, and medical/biotech products. The dispensing system, however,...

Implementing Rack-Level I/O Consolidation

The desire to consolidate datacenter I/O has existed for several decades. It has been driven by I/O hardware providers who didn’t want to develop multiple versions of the same I/O card for different computer busses, and by end-users who did not want to stock multiple cards, as well as manage different...

Technology Leaders

Tech Briefs TV

`